Saturday, June 13, 2015

Mini-review: Bahan's International Market, 344 Pleasant St. (June 12)

Overall impression:  Delightful veggie kibbeh. Worth seeking out!

http://bahnans.com/

I went to Bahan's to grab a quick lunch, on a friend's recommendation. I was running late, so I didn't end up sitting in the cafe section. Instead, I ordered food to go at the market register. I got the spinach and cheese pocket and a veggie kibbeh. As I waited for it to be warmed up I was tempted by the chocolates (lots of Nestle and Milka products - but the things you don't see in a typical US supermarket). I managed to hold myself back, though.

I ate while driving (classy...), starting with the veggie kibbeh. It was a lentil-filled bundle of deliciousness. So amazing! I should have gotten two. The spinach and cheese was fine, as expected. I think it suffered from coming after the kibbeh, I probably should have eaten it first.

I will go back again, although since I really liked the kibbeh I may not try much else! I'll bring Eric with me, feed him a meat-filled lunch and get his review another time.


No comments:

Post a Comment