Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Livia's Dish, 1394 Main St. Worcester (February 22, 2015)


Overall impression:  Nice place for a lazy Sunday meal. Awesome breakfast panini, very reasonably priced.
http://www.liviasdish.com/

I'd been wanting to try Livia's dish for a while. Various friends have been and given it positive reviews. The only downside for Eric and I is that its a bit of a hike from where we live - on Main street as you are heading out of town towards Spencer. If you are in the southwest part of Worcester, though, its in a prime location.

        I had the breakfast panini with egg, farmer's cheese and mushrooms, plus home fries on the side. So good - a panini breakfast sandwich seemed so much better than one with English muffin. Melissa, who joined us for brunch, was very happy with her mango mimosa (and such a beautiful color, like drinking sunshine). She got eggs benedict and wanted me to report that the hollandaise was obviously very fresh, not from a bottle. My husband the not-into-breakfast guy had the chicken parm, which he was less excited about (the chicken was a bit overcooked). He may be the only person I know of that has gotten a non-brunchy item at Livia's. So: breakfast - rave reviews, lunch/other - we may be more neutral on. I need to get a sampling of the burgers.

        The atmosphere is homey, I liked it. Somehow having 1.5 levels made it feel very welcoming. Nice and shiny, a place I could see Clark students (with cars) going to on weekends.


No comments:

Post a Comment