Saturday, December 5, 2015

Padavano's Place 358 Shrewsbury St. (Dec. 1)


Overall impression:   Great homemade ravioli.

http://padavanosplace.com/

Padavano's place is fairly new, and close to Eric's work. So he had tried it once before for lunch before we had dinner there on a Tuesday night (they aren't open for lunch anymore, though). It hadn't been at the top of my list to try, since there is already so much Italian food around, and close by on Shrewsbury St. However, I read about them in Worcester magazine (while waiting at the optometrist's office..) and was inspired to try the ravioli.

It was very quiet inside when we were there, hopefully it gets busier later (we ate early). We sat in the diningroom area rather than at a hightop at the bar - but I noted that the bar looked interesting for future work happy hours. The decor is nice inside, and they have the best fake-brick wallpaper ever (this is not your grandmother's fake-brick wallpaper). It was a comfy spot for dinner. My comfort was aided by a pistachio martini (super sweet, my sugar content for a month, but yummy!).

Eric had pasta with pink vodka sauce and sausage. He liked it and also took leftovers home. I had the ravioli. They were good, although there was more marinara sauce than I needed. Since they are huge I only ate maybe 4/6, and sent the other two home in Eric's to-go box. They refilled our bread (the fluffy white kind of stuff a friend refers to as "cloud bread") and drinks quickly, service was friendly and good.

Check it out for yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment